Comtec Internet provides your business with an uncontended, asymmetric, end-to-end, enterprise grade scalable internet service, capable of supporting the critical services your company needs both now and in the future.
Available with bandwidths ranging from 10Mbps to 1Gbps, there’s a range of security add-ons to choose from and a business-class SLA with a 100% availability target, when you add resilience options.
The connection can be divided up enabling multiple services to be run over a single connection, ensuring your business critical services always receive the bandwidth they need, whilst providing you with an easy to manage cost effective solution.
Comtec’s service helps to future proof your organisation by offering a dual-stack approach meaning that the service is both IPv4 and IPv6 compliant.
• Scalable Capacity.
• Up to 100% Service Level Agreements (SLA) & 4 Hour fix on leased lines
• Fully managed service.
• Uncontended connectivity with asymmetrical upload and download speeds.
• Provide multiple services including both data and voice over a single connection.
• Burstable connectivity speeds
• Highly Available Service –guaranteed SLA’s in place ensuring maximum stability and uptime for your business services.
• Flexibility – Future proofing your business with the ability to increase and decrease your bandwidth to suit your demands.
• Uncontended internet with asymmetrical upload and download speeds – a resilient, high speed internet connection with guaranteed download and upload speeds; you never share your bandwidth with other users.
• Ability to provide multiple services down a single connection – Providing your business with a cost effective service which is simple to manage capable of supporting all your voice and data requirements.
• Extensive peering agreements – Minimising network latency.
Comtec Enterprise’s next generation wide area network (WAN) technology removes one of the primary challenges facing your IT department. A well designed WAN is fundamental to any organisation, where it is critical to utilise a service which you can depend on, is agile and doesn’t restrict your business growth.
Comtec WAN is an IP-VPN wide area network (WAN) service which has been designed for businesses that need single point to point connections or managed multisite solutions. Comtec are perfectly placed to deliver this across a variety of connectivity solutions ranging from 8Mb broadband circuit to in excess of 1GB leased line, with an SLA to suit you. Providing you true plug and play functionality across all of your business locations.
There is no need for additional hardware at remote sites such as expensive firewalls which reduce your network complexity and burden placed on your IT department.
Comtec are able to prioritise traffic across your network accordingly, ensuring your critical applications always receive the bandwidth they need. Comtec WAN incorporates the latest technologies available supporting both Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPN solutions, to ensure you always receive the most appropriate solution.
With Comtec WAN you’ll always know the status of your network with real-time reporting on all managed devices and bandwidth utilisation, which are available through our comprehensive portal.
• MPLS Available on broadband up to multi-gigabit.
• Layer 2 and 3 Layer Support.
• Cost effective solution for remote users.
• Fully managed service.
• 99.99% Service Level Agreement (SLA) covering the whole MPLS network.
• Customer usage/ monitoring portal.
• Internet with managed centralised firewall.
• Multiple bandwidth and connection options – choose the most appropriate connection for each site, keeping cost and complexity to a minimum.
• Complete managed solution inc router – taking the pressure off an already over stretched IT department.
• End to end SLA – giving the business a service it can depend on no matter which connectivity option is used.
• Traffic prioritised according to business requirement – your mission critical services will always receive the bandwidth required improving staff productivity.
• Online Management Portal – you always know the status of your network helping to diagnose faults faster.
Thanks to our next-generation MPLS core network, we can provide any of our services to any location, even dividing up or repurposing existing circuits, protecting your investment.
By utilising secure VLAN segmentation and traffic management, we can guarantee bandwidth availability and quality of service, assuring voice quality even during high data usage.
Our core network is designed only for business customers and has been built from the ground up to support both the high-volume, high-reliability services needed today as well the new technologies that will come in the future.
We take holistic view to WAN design, looking at individual site requirements to determine the best fit for your needs. One size does not fit all, and we will not force you down a road that is excessive for your needs.
With our extensive carrier relationships we can provide all of our services over every technology, from ADSL for a small branch office, to 10 Gigabit Ethernet and greater connections into your data centre.
Available technologies include:
• ADSL2+ (Single or bonded)
• Fibre and wavelength services
• Microwave line of sight
• Data centre interconnects
Regardless of what you choose, you are connected directly into Comtec’s core network, providing the security you need for your data, and the assurance that if a fault should develop, the Comtec NOC is your single point of call for repair.
Bad things happen. Whether a power failure, a digger in the street, equipment failure, or other unforeseeable events. We can help guide you through the different options you have to protect against such failures, and help you identify the protection that each option offers, as well as any risks that may remain.
From a simple ADSL backup to the gold standard of resilient diversely-routed fibre to different PoPs, our extensive access technology portfolio allows us a vast array of options to help protect you. We’ll design your solution in consultation with you to meet your budget and the level of risk you wish to remove.
Resilience options are many and carry varying levels of protection. Your account manager will help guide you to the options most suited to your requirements, or ask for our resilience options data sheet.
Some example availability targets are as follows (Many other options exist):
No Resilience Radio Backup Protected Fibre Diverse Plus Fibre
99.9% 99.92% 99.94% 99.99%
Up to 9 hours downtime per year (no SLA) Up to 7 hours downtime per year Up to 5½ hours downtime per year Up to 52 minutes downtime per year
No matter what services you use or how we deliver them, at each of your sites sits a Comtec-managed router, the demarcation of our service, allowing us to monitor and configure your service rapidly, and providing standardised Ethernet interfaces to connect to your equipment.
Voice on the Comtec WAN
On-net to Comtec’s IP Voice services (both hosted and SIP trunking), ensures your calls are secure and do not suffer quality-reducing latency or jitter.
Secure Integration with your WAN
We can provide access inside your WAN to our entire range of cloud-based services, including IP Voice and hosted services, as well as third-party hybrid clouds such as AWS and Azure. These services appear within your network as if you were hosting them yourself, using your IP addressing scheme as well as being entirely on-net and secure.
All of our network services have been IPv6-ready since 2007, and we naturally deploy it alongside IPv4 in all our services as a matter of course. We encourage our customers to do the same to be ready for the new networking reality in the 21st century.
At a Glance Health Monitoring
As well as 24/7 proactive monitoring by the Comtec NOC, we provide you with a portal to view the status of your WAN, from a high-level red/green map, down to individual devices and ports.